Inner Circle....

Life, for me, can get so focused on meeting the needs of others.  And while I love to do this, am passionate about it in fact, I have to recharge and refuel my spirit from time to time. And, I call the same beautiful soul every single time I need to do so.  It might be 2 weeks since I've seen her or two months but it always feels like home when we get together.

So yesterday, I ached inside for my girlfriend.  Nothing in particular was bothering me, but I just was missing her company.  So, I reached out, made the phone call and she made herself available to meet for lunch and girltalk.  And, it was simply wonderful......

As we both sat there indulging in our favorite foods and catching up I felt a deep sense of gratefulness for her presence in my life.  Both of us grew up with mothers who raged at us and because of this, both of us have had deep issues of trusting women.  I realized in a soft moment of awareness that I truly trusted this woman's love for me- and it was so healing to feel it.

In that awareness, I was proud of both of us because I knew she felt the same.  I knew that she too had let me into the inner circle (she calls it the inner sanctum) of her heart.  I shared my awareness with her and how grateful I was for the gift of her in my life.  I thanked her for being the woman for me my own mother could not be.

She had tears in her eyes when she acknowledged that she felt the same way. I could see in my mind, two little girls with sparkly shoes and crowns on their heads, giggling and hugging each other with total adoration for each other.  Everyone deserves this kind of friend- everyone, no exceptions.


So I woke up this morning and received my daily truth from Brave Girls and the words were so perfectly matched to my feelings I had to share it with you.  And as you read it, ask yourself WHO is in my inner circle?  And have I thanked them recently for the sacredness of their trust?

Dear Valuable Girl,

You have the right to choose the kind of friends who get to be close in your life. It is an honor to be in your inner circle. You have the right to be treated with kindness, respect, love and support. You have the right to feel safe in your relationships, free from harsh judgment and free from manipulative communication.

Please do not allow yourself, amazing girl, to be abused by anyone that you have the choice and power to free yourself from. No one has the right to point out your weaknesses, to abuse your weaknesses, to make you feel small or to continuously bring up a past that you are growing out of. No one has the right to manipulate you, to cruelly make fun of you or to cross your personal boundaries. No one.

You are worth what it takes to set boundaries with others. You are worth protecting. Just like you would never allow someone you love to be treated disrespectfully or with cruelty...please do not allow yourself to be treated in ways that minimize and devastate the incredible human being that you are.

Spend time with others who remind you of your potential, who help you to live your dreams and your values, who silently help you with your weaknesses and who lift you when you are down. None of us need any help aside from the help of our creator, knowing where we are weak. None of us need our mistakes and frailties constantly pointed out to us by someone who has no business pointing them out...we are well aware of them and work daily to overcome them. Choose to be with those who show you where you are strong. Friendship should not hurt.

Protect your beautiful soul, dear one....it is so precious and important.
Never let anyone blow out your beautiful light. You are LOVED.

Isn't that beautiful?  Just had to share.

Comments

  1. Hope your feeling better and re-charged...it is so wonderful you have such a wonderful friend and thank you for sharing the wonderful words.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I am not only feeling better I am feeling inspired!
      Love to you

      Delete
  2. This is a beautifully written piece. Thanks for your openness and trust in writing it. Recently in a reading we did hit the mom issue, and I am more able to reconcile with her, instead of being stuck. Thank you for your help. I have a friendship like the one you wrote about, and it only gets richer and better with age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Miracles

Wear your Cape & Crown

Are you wishing for "NO DRAMA"