Trust your Joy



SO many changes have been flooding my life.  It's monsoon season here in Arizona, so no surprise the weather matches my world.  

As I open myself to pursuing a whole new path of putting my artwork "out there" in the market- researching sales reps, trade shows, marketing strategies, reading books on selling your artwork as a business, I am overwhelmed by so many choices, and "shoulds" crowding my mind.  I've never been for the small time world- I like to "go for it", to do my best and give it everything I've got.  

I am reminded of the funny quote by Hunter S. Thompson-
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
But so many choices...... so many directions to go and so much money needed to get there.  I find myself stressing over the piling up costs.  Is this the right place to spend my time and money?  Is this the right direction to go?  Will this pay off? 

I have to regularly stop, breathe, and remind myself that a greater power is in charge of my life and that I am not doing this alone.... not even close. 

I believe that there is a compass within me that directs me to the best choices for me, and it speaks through the feeling of joy.  My Soul's voice is not subtle when it comes riding on the joy wave- IF I'm paying attention to it.  

Unfortunately, it's easy to forget that I can trust that joy to lead me down the path of my Soul.

So, I painted this picture to do just that.  I can and I will TRUST MY JOY.  

So many years I trusted my "should" feelings and "guilt" feelings to lead the way- or my "be responsible" feelings (those were HUGE hard to override impulses).  Somewhere, I imagined a judge and jury watching my every move, my every decision, keeping track to see if I was doing it right. 

What a sucko way to live....... 

But times have changed for me.  I no longer let guilt take the reins, and shoulds, while they still are along for the ride, they definitely take a back seat.  I choose Joy. 

It's so much more fun when Joy drives my life.  We end up taking side excursions and scenic routes that bring me so much more soul wisdom experiences and love.  And if I can relax and trust that Joy knows how to get to our destination, then I can trust every path we travel together as the perfect path for me.



Comments

Popular Posts

Miracles

Wear your Cape & Crown

Are you wishing for "NO DRAMA"