Dream Big


I just completed this piece called, "Dream Big".  My artwork has always been a reflection of what I most need to hear from my Soul in this moment to grow spiritually.

This week I began listening to my Soul by painting a HUGE canvas I purchased from goodwill.  It was covered with what looked like an Alien woman walking down the street in Paris by the Eiffel tower with a scary poodle and a hat that filled up half the painting- all done in blue, white and black. Probably one of the ugliest paintings I've seen.  But a canvas that's 3ft x 3ft for $7.99- I couldn't pass that up!

I was even a little embarrassed taking it up to the counter to pay for it.  I kept getting raised eyebrows and a few snickers.  I just kept smiling and said,  "I'm rescuing it" to anyone who'd listen.

Then over a process of many days and at least 7 layers of paint I stood back and thought- "My goodness there's so much going on here, I don't really know where to go with it, what it wants to become."  I felt perplexed and a little scared- like perhaps I had taken it too far.

Then my husband came in one morning to take a peek and said, "Wow! That's really beautiful.
Let me take a photo of it so you can see it in a new way."

He was right.  I had been to close to it- in many ways to really see it's beauty.  So when I saw the picture, I fell in love with it.  I also realized it was truly so much like my own self these days-  So many layers, so many expressions of pattern and shape- all playing together in a joyful exuberant dance.  I have been overwhelmed with joy the last few weeks because I have been following my bliss and being brave in pursuing my biggest dream of all- being a professional Artist.

Once I learned to see it's beauty through the photo, I asked it what's it was trying to tell me- what's it's Soul Wisdom was.  And the quote "If your Dreams don't scare you... they're not Big Enough." felt perfect.

I love this quote, because it's how I feel these days, Scared and excited at the same time.  My dream of being a professional artist is coming true!  My artwork is going national and I have beautiful, heart centered sales reps all over the country who love my work and are excited to promote it.

When I was a little girl I used to sit and draw, and I LOVED art class most of all.  But being an artist was not a "rational" dream to follow.  So I let it go and followed the safe paths.  They were other beautiful paths- with many amazing gifts for me.  But now, it's time to take the path that scares me and thrills me at the same time.  I could fall short of my dream or it could disappoint me.  But, with knocking knees I have to give it a shot.

My life has brought me here and I am ready. I am Brave Enough to try.  I am Strong Enough to not give up. And I Trust Enough in God to go wherever the path leads.

I must Dream Big.

Comments

Popular Posts

Miracles

Wear your Cape & Crown

Are you wishing for "NO DRAMA"