Wounded Healer or Warrior Healer?

Recently, I had a past client/student of mine describe me as a "wounded healer" and then proclaim that she had surpassed me in her spiritual growth. 

I have a few thoughts on this concept that I would like to put out into the virtual universe.

I AM A WOUNDED HEALER.  I AM ALSO A POWERFUL WARRIOR HEALER- who faces her wounds head on and dives in DEEP to restore myself and integrate all the beautiful lessons that life throws my way.  I am deeply a-ok with this fact.  I don't try to portray myself as "above" anyone else- this concept makes my stomach curl.  I truly believe I am no more valuable than the homeless man begging in the Wal-mart parking lot- we are both precious in the heart and eye of God.

Do I have pain? Yep.  Do I have challenging relationships with some of the people I love most in the world? Yep.  But do these make me not equipped to help others on their journey.  Not one fucking bit.
IF, I ignored those issues and denied their existence, I would be useless in my path as a healer.

The best and greatest healers and teachers, in my opinion, are the ones that have battled suffering within themselves and who are willing to help others find their way through that same darkness.  Those are the ones, the ones who have faced down the darkness and found the light within, that you want on your side guiding you.  If someone tells you they've got it all figured out and their life and relationships are all perfect- RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. This is not your helper.

I personally want someone on my side who has "been where I am at" and knows how to navigate that pain.  So, while I may not like every challenge that shows up in my own life personally, I also LOVE and CELEBRATE every challenge because it takes me deeper into self love, deeper into trust, and deeper into the truth of who I am.  Pain has been an amazing teacher.  My ego's lessons have taught me the power of HUMILITY.

So, as a healer, I do not proclaim to be "better than", "farther along than", etc.  I am just "right where I am" and that is good enough.  I have always said to any student I worked with, not to put me on a pedestal.  I have no desire to be there, in fact I will do my best to disappoint your idea of a guru, so that you will let me down off that bullshit place and allow me to be human- a glorious brave and deeply loving human.

I am proud of who I am- wounded warrior healer.  Every scar, every misstep a beautiful perfect example of what my Soul is willing to endure and grow through.

If you've ever found those words "wounded healer" leaving your mouth in judgement of another- it's time to look in a mirror because you are talking about yourself and projecting that judgement onto others, instead of where it really exists.

So, I forgive this person, because I know it is her own projection of self, her own pain that is speaking.  Her anger at me for telling her "no" and setting personal boundaries with her.  I understand that in that pain, she feels the need to tear me down to those who will listen.  That is a normal human response and she is no less worthy of love than anyone else.  She is and will find her way back to love, back to forgiveness and back to humility.  I've been her- I've had that insecurity and behaved in that destructive manner before.  I see my past behaviors in her now- and I know they will not satisfy, they will leave stains upon the soul. I know that eventually she will give up the need to diminish another's image and she will find her wound and heal it home.  But I cannot judge her, because I have been her..... we all have.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just let people be "where they are" without having to label it, judge it or put our personal assessments out to the world to try and damage another person's character.  Today, that is my prayer- that we all recognize our own wounded-ness and that we release judgement about it- that we stop comparing our wounds with another's and how far along we are vs. them.  There is no comparison EVER that is fair and just- we cannot walk in another's shoes.  We can only walk in our own shoes to find the way home and then return to lend a helping hand to those who ask.

All my love-
Your Beautiful Brave Imperfect Wounded Radiant Healer Martina

Comments

Popular Posts

Miracles

Wear your Cape & Crown

Are you wishing for "NO DRAMA"